YG have lots of services to help with your mental health. Some are suitable for people who are experiencing mild symptoms but when you have more complex needs we have a team of counsellors ready to help.
We can offer short and longer term support based on your needs and where appropriate some counselling can be delivered virtually. Our team of counsellors are highly skilled and can offer a mix of approaches including;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), that helps you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave.
- Psychodynamic Therapy which helps you look at patterns in your emotions, thoughts and beliefs in order to gain an insight into your life.
- Person Centred Counselling where you will be encouraged to explore your issues, feelings, beliefs and behaviours so you can become more self-aware and achieve greater independence.
Try not to worry about what 'type' of counselling you might receive as we will always talk with you about how the sessions work, what you can expect and what you want to achieve by working with us.
A youth worker as well!
With some of our counselling there is also an opportunity to have additional support from a youth worker who will be able to help you make practical changes to support your wellbeing.
Who's it for?
Depending on your needs we have a number of different projects by which you can access counselling:
- Flex: Offers both counselling and youth work support for 16-25 year olds with virtual and evening appointments available
- Linked up+: Offers counselling and youth work for 16-25 year olds in or leaving care Gloucestershire
- Bounce: Provides self harm support for 14-25 year olds by matching you with both a mental health youth worker and a counsellor. (If you are dealing with issues of self-harm but do not yet feel ready to work with a counsellor you may like to explore our chat services where you can work solely with a mental health youth worker. Click here to find out more.)
Is there a waiting list and how much does it cost?
At times we may have a waiting list for counselling but we will do all we can to offer alternative support until a place with one of our counsellors becomes available. All our counselling is fully funded so there will be no cost to you.
Additional support for young people exiting Wotton Lawn Acute Mental Health Hospital.
Our Fusion project offers additional support for 18-25 year olds who have left Wotton Lawn in the last three months. We can offer practical and emotional support to help you get comfortable and confident with life outside Wotton Lawn.
We can help with attending mental health appointments, organisation skills/ education and training/ hobbies/ housing and much more!
How do I get involved?
If you think you might like some support from YG please email us or download our referral form.