YG delivers projects in partnership with local schools to support young people with additional needs.
Work in Schools
Working in Partnership with Schools.In collaboration with the Sands Academy Trust YG offers therapeutic and practical support for families and young people with complex needs. The partnership includes:
- The Milestone School
- Paternoster School
- Battledown School
- Belmont School
- Willow Primary School
Working with families identified by Gloucestershire County Council.YG has a team of Therapeutic Mentors who:
- Provide support to children and parents to maintain their education placement.
- Provide transitions support to children and young people to enable them to return to education
- Provide one to one support for SEMH children, building relationships with the child and family, and supporting the child to transition into a new education environment.
- Provide support around all areas a child or young person might need to ensure a positive transition.
- Advocate for the families to help them navigate through the process of EHCP to Special School placement.