Click on the image below to download a copy of our current training calendar. Scroll down to read descriptions of each course.
To book spaces on any of our courses or for more information about course content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Challenging Behaviour
Suitable for those working with 11-25 year olds. Considers general poor behaviour, how to prevent it and respond to it. The session will aim to cover:
- What challenging behaviour is.
- Why changing behaviour occurs.
- How we can develop our response to challenging behaviour.
The course is approved by the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Board and will cover:
- What is safeguarding.
- What is abuse.
- What to do if you suspect abuse.
- Additional support & services available.
Substance Misuse Screening Tool
The session will cover:
- Up-to-date information on drugs of concern
- Legal framework for the control of psychoactive substances
- Local patterns of young people’s use of both legal and illegal substances
- County structure and referral process
- Use of the screening tool
- Issues relating to confidentiality and information sharing
Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3
The course will cover how to deal with an emergency in the workplace until the emergency services arrive and will include:
- The role of the first aider
- First aid kits and equipment
- Preventing cross infection
- Recording accidents and near misses (incidents)
- Assessing emergency situations
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious / needs CPR / is choking / wounded or bleeding/ suffering from shock / has minor cuts, bruises or scalds
- Use of a defibrillator