Updated Friday 26th June 2020
Young Gloucestershire has been working hard to adapt our services throughout the crisis and following the easing of the lock-down is now putting in place plans and processes to begin the safe reopening of our buildings and some services that had been suspended.
More information will follow as the situation evolves. For now some staff will continue to work remotely but some will begin returning to our offices. We will be limiting numbers in buildings, changing our processes to follow Government advice, continuing to follow social distancing and increasing cleaning and hygiene measures to reduce transmission.
Please see below a list of upcoming changes
- The Link - will reopen to limited numbers of young people on 22nd June (all being well). We will be open Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Thursdays to walk in visitors: 10am-12pm and 2-4pm only two young people will be allowed in at any one time. Appointments are encouraged but not always necessary.
- Our Counselling projects - Linked Up & Linked Up + will continue to offer sessions on the phone or through online services. Some appointments will now be offered face to face if required and new referrals are welcome.
- Prince's Trust Team programmes to recommence in July – recruiting now.
- Connect – remains closed but we are working towards reopening in October
- Link Chat - this service will continue until June 2021
- Detached – will be continuing with a new focus on engaging young people and assessing need across the County following the impact of covid-19.
- Emergency care packages – We have stopped our weekly deliveries but are able to respond to emergency situations, so get in touch if you require support and we will identify the best way to help you.
- Resource packs – We continue to send these out weekly to children and young people to help with emotional wellbeing and have positive activities to engage with
01452 501008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our administrator is now back working in the office answering your calls M-F 9-5pm
If you are a young person already working with us and want to contact your Youth Worker or Programme Leader please visit our staff page where you will find their contact numbers. Please note that staff phones will only be switched on during working hours of 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
YG and our sister charity Infobuzz will be working with the local community to plan new services that meet the needs of those effected by the Covid-19 crisis and will do all we can to support young people and families in need. If you need support please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for your support from everybody here at YG and Infobuzz.