Updated Wednesday 2nd December
Young Gloucestershire has been working hard to adapt our services throughout the crisis and following the easing of the lock-down is now putting in place plans and processes to begin the safe reopening of our buildings and some services that had been suspended.
More information will follow as the situation evolves. For now some staff will continue to work remotely but some will begin returning to our offices. We will be limiting numbers in buildings, changing our processes to follow Government advice, continuing to follow social distancing and increasing cleaning and hygiene measures to reduce transmission.
Please see below a list of upcoming changes
- The Link -will reopen to limited numbers of young people on Wednesday 2nd December. We will be open Monday-Friday to walk in visitors: 11am-4pm. Appointments are encouraged but not always necessary.
- Our Counselling projects - Linked Up & Linked Up + and Flex will continue to offer sessions face to face and phone or through online services.
- Prince's Trust Team programmes will start on January 4th – recruiting now.
- Connect – is fully open.
- Substance Misuse- we have a young person transition worker who provides young people with 1-2-1 support to achieve substance misuse goals.
- Full Circle- A bespoke mentoring programme for 10 – 18 year olds that are at risk.
- Exchange- mentoring for at risk young people who maybe experiencing being a victim of crime or may be at risk of violent behaviour.
- GEM- we have a GEM navigator developer who works with young people furthest from the job market to achieve next steps into EET.
- Link Chat - this service will continue until July 2021
- Street Based Youth Work – will be continuing with a new focus on engaging young people and assessing need across the County following the impact of covid-19.
- Activity Based Youth Work- youth workers are out and about across the county working from open spaces offering activity sessions in line with Gov guidance.
- Schools Work- we have a number of programmes that we can offer to schools for ranging from funded programmes to bespoke issue based sessions.
- Transition Chat- support for current year 12/first year college students who are struggling or at risk of becoming NEET to access IAG and next steps support.
01452 501008 or email email@example.com
Our Administrator is now back working in the office answering your calls Monday-Friday, 9-5pm
If you are a young person already working with us and want to contact your Youth Worker or Programme Leader please visit our staff page where you will find their contact numbers. Please note that staff phones will only be switched on during working hours of 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday.
YG and our sister charity Infobuzz will be working with the local community to plan new services that meet the needs of those effected by the Covid-19 crisis and will do all we can to support young people and families in need. If you need support please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for your support from everybody here at YG and Infobuzz.