Click on the image below to download a copy of our current training calendar. Scroll down to read descriptions of each course.
To book spaces on any of our courses or for more information about course content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (please visit our Booking & Cancellation Policy page before making any bookings).
Managing Challenging Behaviour
Suitable for those working with 11-25 year olds. Considers general poor behaviour, how to prevent it and respond to it. The session will aim to cover:
- What challenging behaviour is.
- Why changing behaviour occurs.
- How we can develop our response to challenging behaviour.
The course is approved by the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Board and will cover:
- What is safeguarding.
- What is abuse.
- What to do if you suspect abuse.
- Additional support & services available.
What is Good Youth Work - The Basics
This course offers a brief introduction to anyone starting out in youth work. The session will cover the following:
- What youth work is.
- The unique relationship between a young person and youth worker.
- The five corners stones of youth work.
- How you can encourage participation and empowerment.
- Ways to continue developing your practice.
Substance Misuse Screening Tool
The session will cover:
- Up-to-date information on drugs of concern
- Legal framework for the control of psychoactive substances
- Local patterns of young people’s use of both legal and illegal substances
- County structure and referral process
- Use of the screening tool
- Issues relating to confidentiality and information sharing
Training will deal with the new laws surrounding knife crime, resources available to educate young people to the dangers of knife crime such as video material, and victim awareness sessions such as the ripple effect.
Drug and Alcohol Awareness
This training will deal with the law surrounding drugs, drugs effects, key drugs, drugs identification and the signs that someone is abusing drugs. Specific sections will cover new psychoactive substances (former legal highs) and steroid use.
This module will cover the issues surrounding young people with regards to body image, exploring such topics as: eating disorders, body dysmorphia, pressure from social media, peer pressure and pressure from society. Case studies may be used where appropriate.