Click on the image below to download a copy of our current training calendar. Scroll down to read descriptions of each course.
To book spaces on any of our courses or for more information about course content please contact email@example.com (please visit our Booking & Cancellation Policy page before making any bookings).
Young Gloucestershire’s Mentoring Programme supports young people aged 16-25yrs in their next steps towards employment, education and training. This training is for people who would like volunteer with Young Gloucestershire as mentors and will provide a comprehensive knowledge of the programme using safeguarding scenarios and thought provoking activities. These will allow you to become a mentor as part of our programme and support a young person’s future.
Money Management and Fraud and Cyber Crime Prevention (Train the Trainer)
An overview of materials and best practice for effectively delivering training in Money Management and Fraud and Cyber Crime Prevention. We will run through workbooks on both subjects and there will be time dedicated at the end of the workshop for a Q&A session. This course will provide you with training materials for ongoing use.
Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2
The qualification is Health and Safety Executive compliant and as part of the sessions you will cover:
- The role and responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider.
- How to assess an incident.
- How to manage a casualty who is unresponsive, choking, wounded, bleeding or in shock.
Food Safety in Catering Level 2 Award
This qualification will benefit anyone working where food is prepared, cooked and served. The course is assessed by a multiple choice exam of 30 questions. By the end of the session you will:
- Understand the importance of food safety and the systems, techniques and procedures involved.
- Understand how to control food safety risks.
- Be able to safely deliver quality food to customers.
Managing Challenging Behaviour
Suitable for those working with 11-25 year olds. Considers general poor behaviour, how to prevent it and respond to it. The session will aim to cover:
- What challenging behaviour is.
- Why changing behaviour occurs.
- How we can develop our response to challenging behaviour.
The course is approved by the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Board and will cover:
- What is safeguarding.
- What is abuse.
- What to do if you suspect abuse.
- Additional support & services available.
What is Good Youth Work; The Basics
This course offers a brief introduction to anyone starting out in youth work. The session will cover the following:
- What youth work is.
- The unique relationship between a young person and youth worker.
- The five corners stones of youth work.
- How you can encourage participation and empowerment.
- Ways to continue developing your practice.
Practical Approaches to Support Young People Who Self Harm
This session will look at what are the signs of someone self-harming, how do you cope, support them and look at what services are available to refer them to.
Substance Misuse Screening Tool
The session will cover:
- Up-to-date information on drugs of concern
- Legal framework for the control of psychoactive substances
- Local patterns of young people’s use of both legal and illegal substances
- County structure and referral process
- Use of the screening tool
- Issues relating to confidentiality and information sharing
To download the booking form, please click here.
Training will deal with the new laws surrounding knife crime, resources available to educate young people to the dangers of knife crime such as video material, and victim awareness sessions such as the ripple effect.
Drug and Alcohol Awareness
This training will deal with the law surrounding drugs, drugs effects, key drugs, drugs identification and the signs that someone is abusing drugs. Specific sections will cover new psychoactive substances (former legal highs) and steroid use.
Training will deal with the law associated with this subject and explore the signs that a young person may be at risk. This could be at risk as a victim or perpetrator. Other subjects covered will include healthy relationships, inappropriate relationships, and the resources available to help workers educate young persons in their care.
This module will cover the issues surrounding young people with regards to body image, exploring such topics as: eating disorders, body dysmorphia, pressure from social media, peer pressure and pressure from society. Case studies may be used where appropriate.