Sessions are targeted at young people who are;
- Struggling to engage at school due to behavior or other external factors.
- On the verge of, or are involved in crime or anti-social behavior, or who need additional support.
- Potentially NEET.
Our school based programmes are designed to be delivered to groups of between 12-15 young people. Sessions are lively, upbeat and relevant to the needs of the group.
Our programmes help young people develop self-confidence, understand the world around them and discuss the impact of adolescence. Programmes encourage “moving on” from negative behaviours, mind-sets and relationships.
Young people explore their future goals and aspirations whilst addressing issues that are affecting them and impacting on their ability to engage. Schools can build a bespoke package by selecting relevant topics for delivery;
- Sex and relationships.
- Food and fitness.
- Mental health and well-being.
- Building a positive self-identity.
- Friendships and role-models.
- Working in groups.
- Listening and communication skills.
- Assertiveness and dealing with conflict.
- Developing skills for independent living.
We measure our success and the success of the young people by;
- Improvement in educational performance.
- Positive changes in educational performance.
- Positive changes in behaviour.
- Improved attendance, progression and achievement.
- Improved self-worth and well-being.
A variety of evidence can be gathered to meet the needs of the school including; observation notes, video diaries, action plans and portfolios of young peoples work.
“I don’t get into trouble as much anymore. I made friends with people I didn't think I would ever be friends with.” (Jemma, 13, from Stroud).
To discuss programmes and costs please contact YG.