Whether you are just starting to think about running a club in your local area or you have been running a club for years. YG would like to offer you our support to develop and maintain these important groups for young people.
What is a Youth Club?
The activities they offer may have changed a little but their purpose remains much the same. Youth clubs provide a safe place for young people to spend time outside of school, making friends and trying new things. A local youth club can offer an excellent opportunity for young people in the community to engage in positive activities, make new friends and develop personal and social skills in a relaxed and informal setting.
YG can offer help to set up and run your youth club.
The Young Gloucestershire partnership scheme offers support and guidance to organisations working with young people in Gloucestershire.
Young Gloucestershire offers its partners:
- Access to subsidised insurance premiums and DBS checks.
- Support and guidance to establish policies and procedures in order to run a youth club.
- Networking and training opportunities.
- Innovative session ideas.
- Newsletters and information about all the opportunities available in the county and nationally.
- Access to a safeguarding support phone line, for advice and guidance.
In return partner clubs will be expected to:
- Work with and remain in contact with YG, providing information and records as appropriate.
- Support staff and volunteers to attend relevant training and ensure they are DBS checked.
- Meet the legal requirements of delivering a youth club, including developing policies and procedures as required and obtaining suitable insurance coverage.(YG are able to provide templates and support in order for clubs to achieve this).
If you organise or run a club for young people and would like more information about the Youth Club Partnership scheme please click on the image to the left to download a full copy of our partnership agreement.
Or please contact us, Young Gloucestershire are happy to visit clubs to discuss the new partnership and any additional support your club may require.