To provide one-to-one mentoring to a young person/s, create a safe and respected professional relationship, and be a positive role model for those you are working with:
- Create a safe environment for young people to feel listened too
- Create an action plan with young people to identify their next steps and goals
- Provide advice, guidance and information to young people to allow them to make informed decisions
- Build positive relationships with young people
- To provide regular reporting on the activities’ and progress using Upshot
- To ensure safeguarding of young people
- To undertake training as identified as needed for this role
- Provide community engagement opportunities
- Provide opportunities for young people to combat loneliness and reduce anxiety about the next steps
- A “can-do” approach
- To operate within the policies and procedures of Young Gloucestershire.
- To promote and maintain a positive image of Young Gloucestershire as a responsible and professional service.